Subject: general-digest V2 #80
From: [email-masked] (general-digest)
To: [email-masked]

general-digest         Wednesday, June 2 1999         Volume 02 : Number 080

In this issue:

    X for the TV-out port?
    Re: X for the TV-out port?
    Where'd the JRE go?

See the end of this digest for information about general-digest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 16:21:36 -0500 (CDT)
From: Joel Hardy <[email-masked]>
Subject: X for the TV-out port?

Now that I *finally* have my Netwinder back and in working order, I'd like
to try to get an X server that displays on the TV out jack instead of VGA
out.  I'm back home for the summer, and the only monitor I can use for the
thing full time is an ancient C64 monitor that takes NTSC.

- - Joel Hardy ([email-masked])

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 17:55:14 -0400
From: Ralph Siemsen <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: X for the TV-out port?

Joel Hardy wrote:
> 
> Now that I *finally* have my Netwinder back and in working order, I'd like
> to try to get an X server that displays on the TV out jack instead of VGA
> out.  I'm back home for the summer, and the only monitor I can use for the
> thing full time is an ancient C64 monitor that takes NTSC.

Please don't put yourself through that agony.  I still have a C64
monitor at home and i use it as a TV.. that's about all it's good for. 
:)

Anyways... the first step should be simply to "insmod tv_ntsc" (possibly
with -f) while running X in 640x480 mode.  That should get you output on
the video outputs.  It might not have quite the right colors (50% chance
of getting it right).  TO fix _that_ you want to get a more recent X
server and the newer tv_out modules... have a look in the ftp site in
users/d/douglasp for the X server (though Andrew is working on a newer
one) and users/r/rggammon/redhat/RPMS for the new netwinder-tv modules. 
The newer x server will adjust its output to better accomodate video
timing requirements, if I recall correctly.

- -- 
Ralph Siemsen -- [email-masked]

- ---
This message processed by the Netwinder.Org news2mail gateway.

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 18:27:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Joel Hardy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Where'd the JRE go?

My Netwinder blew up, and I finally got it replaced, which means my old
hard drive contents are kaput.  The JRE used to be on CCC's support page,
but the whole thing is down now and I can't find anything on Rebel.com
that says anything about the JRE for the Netwinder.  Does anybody know
where I can find it (or have an RPM you could send me)?  Thanks :)

- - Joel Hardy ([email-masked])

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

End of general-digest V2 #80
****************************

--
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general-digest" as the body of your message.