Subject: general-digest V2 #74
From: [email-masked] (general-digest)
To: [email-masked]

general-digest         Wednesday, May 12 1999         Volume 02 : Number 074

In this issue:

    questions about the RM

See the end of this digest for information about general-digest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 19:52:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jamie Heilman <[email-masked]>
Subject: questions about the RM

Hi,
  I'm considering buying a netwinder RM for personal use (home file/web
server plus firewall), the modest power consumption tickled my interest,
and the rack mountable form + dual ethernet ports nearly sold me on it
sight unseen.  But before I go nuts I want to know a few things about the
RM version of the netwinder.  I asked [email-masked] - that was a week
ago and they still haven't responded.  I figured maybe somebody here would
know the answer to a few of my questions.

- - I know the RM comes with a external SCSI connection, is the internal
  disk still IDE?  (curiosity more than anything)

- - Is the 100Mbit ethernet port still powered by a Dec Tulip chip?
  (I seem to recall hearing that the Tulip was being phased out of common
  use because of cheaper NICs - shame as its been one of my favorites.)
   
- - I've heard that netwinders can support 128MB of RAM.  You only list 32
  and 64 configurations, do you sell higher, if so at what cost?
  (Ok, after reading the majordomo archives I think I know the answer to
  this one but as I originally posed this to a sales dept. I figured
  dropping a subtle hint that 128MB configurations would be appreciated
  couldn't hurt.)

- - If the DM is still available, is it avilable in rackmount form?
  (That really is a sales question, I wouldn't expect developers to know
  it.)

Thanks

Jamie Heilman      [email-masked]      http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~jamie/
              "Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

End of general-digest V2 #74
****************************

--
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general-digest" as the body of your message.