Subject: general-digest V2 #83
From: [email-masked] (general-digest)
To: [email-masked]

general-digest          Monday, June 21 1999          Volume 02 : Number 083

In this issue:

    quickcam

See the end of this digest for information about general-digest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 08:54:56 -0700
From: Eric Perlman <[email-masked]>
Subject: quickcam

Hey,

I just came in posession of a black and white parallel quickcam and
thought it might be a fun toy to play with...12 hours later I am still
where i began. nowhere. :)

First of all, the qcam-corel on the ftp site segmentation faults
instantly.  This is probably due to the different kernel version. no
biggy.  I try to compile qcam my self, but it does't work.  It
complaints about lack of "ioperm" or something like that.

Well, this is when I remembered seeing the video4linux driver in the
kernel.  I quickly compile the video4linux and bw-qcam modules.  I
insmod them, and the kernel happily sees the quickcam.

Now... I am unable to actually find any program that supports the
video4linux qcam driver.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  All the
software I've seen has choices like "TV","Composite","S-Video", etc but
none seem to work...

Thanks,

- -eric

- ---
This message processed by the Netwinder.Org news2mail gateway.

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

End of general-digest V2 #83
****************************

--
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe general-digest" as the body of your message.