Subject: devel-digest V2 #214
From: [email-masked] (devel-digest)
To: [email-masked]

devel-digest           Monday, July 5 1999           Volume 02 : Number 214

In this issue:

    Re: building KDE 1.1.1 - problems finding library during kdebase  configure
    Re: DMA on 21285

See the end of this digest for information about devel-digest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 11:04:26 -0400
From: Ralph Siemsen <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: building KDE 1.1.1 - problems finding library during kdebase  configure

Tim Rowledge wrote:
 
> I'm lost. How can this be so painful?

Hehe... the famous question we ask ourselves every day.  If everything
just magically worked, we'd simply raise our expectations higher, so
that there would be failure again.  Human nature at play ;)

I've tried to reproduce your situation, but am getting different
results.  I've got a clean-installed version of build #12, since that is
most likely what you are using.  I grabbed the latest KDE i could find,
albeit in RPM format and not in tarball form.  This was kde-1.1.1 from
ftp.kde.org, and qt-1.44-6.

QT compiled without a hitch, as did kdelibs (well, lots of warnings, but
it builds).  There are no patches applied by the RPM so it should be the
same results as you get, building from tarballs, with the possible
exception of the compiler arguments (optimization, etc).  I couldn't get
kdesupport to build, but kdebase succeeds in the configure state, though
it causes a fatal compiler error later on, about 35 minutes into the
build.

So, I'm obviously seeing different problems than you are.  Can you give
more details on how you are building, ie. which disk image, what have
you modified/updated, and which kde sources are you using.  Otherwise
it's rather difficult to determine what is going wrong...

> - which looks to me like something is not being found that should be in a qt
> library ?

Based on your last post, this definately seems to be the problem.  So
either the compiler is failing to link in qt (thought the command line
seems to include it), or the qt library really doesn't define those
symbols (check it using the 'nm' command)... 

- -- 
Ralph Siemsen -- [email-masked]

- ---
This message processed by the Netwinder.Org news2mail gateway.

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe devel" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 21:02:23 -0400
From: Woody Suwalski <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: DMA on 21285

David Friedman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I'm having problems getting DMA to work on an ebsa285.
>
Are U trying to use the footbridge DMA on Netwinder? On Netwinder the
footbridge DMA is not functional (not wired in hardware)...

Woody

- ---
This message processed by the Netwinder.Org news2mail gateway.

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe devel" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

End of devel-digest V2 #214
***************************

--
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe devel-digest" as the body of your message.