Subject: advocacy-digest V2 #5
From: [email-masked] (advocacy-digest)
To: [email-masked]

advocacy-digest      Wednesday, October 20 1999      Volume 02 : Number 005

In this issue:

    I advocate
    Re: I advocate

See the end of this digest for information about advocacy-digest.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 05:18:24 +0100
From: John Adams <[email-masked]>
Subject: I advocate

I got my first netwinder over a year ago it did not work but I loved the
look of all the ports on the back. Also I think the ARM chip provides
and interesting low power solution and
Corel could have made it work.

My second netwinder seemed to work but has a very low revision BIOS and
OS cant remember what as it will not start now.

My third netwinder is a RaQ now things are improving it works every time
and it has a browser based interface which lets me configure it easily
to do useful things.

Rebel seem to be taking it seriously

Last week the first shipment of netwinders came to the UK and I try and
help sell these to people for money.

However compared to Cobalts efforts at marketing Netwinder has to catch
up.

So we have to start here. The key problem Cobalt have is that they have
not got the developers behind them. The key problem Netwinder has is the
develpers are not focused on what joe public wants, and why should they
be.

I advocate that we decide what Joe public wants and make it happen
somehow

This way we may get a second generation Netwinder like we got a second
generation Qube

- ---
This message processed by the Netwinder.Org news2mail gateway.

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe advocacy" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 12:01:53 -0500
From: "Alex Coker" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: I advocate

Well said John.

My partner and I are in the process of getting our first NetWinder. Our
intent is to provide turnkey NetWinders to our vertical markets. A major
emphasis will be on the size, cost, and completeness of a NetWinder
solution.

I'd like to here more of your intents for NetWinders.

Alex

John Adams wrote in message <[email-masked]>...
>I got my first netwinder over a year ago it did not work but I loved the
>look of all the ports on the back. Also I think the ARM chip provides
>and interesting low power solution and
>Corel could have made it work.
>
>My second netwinder seemed to work but has a very low revision BIOS and
>OS cant remember what as it will not start now.
>
>My third netwinder is a RaQ now things are improving it works every time
>and it has a browser based interface which lets me configure it easily
>to do useful things.
>
>Rebel seem to be taking it seriously
>
>Last week the first shipment of netwinders came to the UK and I try and
>help sell these to people for money.
>
>However compared to Cobalts efforts at marketing Netwinder has to catch
>up.
>
>So we have to start here. The key problem Cobalt have is that they have
>not got the developers behind them. The key problem Netwinder has is the
>develpers are not focused on what joe public wants, and why should they
>be.
>
>I advocate that we decide what Joe public wants and make it happen
>somehow
>
>This way we may get a second generation Netwinder like we got a second
>generation Qube
>
>

- ---
This message processed by the Netwinder.Org news2mail gateway.

- --
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe advocacy" as the body of your message.

------------------------------

End of advocacy-digest V2 #5
****************************

--
This list is run automagically by Majordomo 1.94.4
Please send email questions to [email-masked]
To UNSUBSCRIBE: email [email-masked] with
"unsubscribe advocacy-digest" as the body of your message.